Corporation, Redwood Shores, CA
Principal Interaction Designer - Server, Tools,
and Related Technologies UI Design - End User eXperience Team
(July 1999 – Present)
- Working on Oracle WebCenter Applications and Spaces project. Define User Experience by providing WebCenter Framework, TaskFlow, and detail interaction mockups, UI specifications and UI guidlines.
- Apply proven and documented design techniques, methods, and solutions.
- Design icons, wizard panels, interactive UI prototypes and specifications,
terminology definitions, standards and style guides documents for
products, use case scenarios, storyboards, etc.
- Participate in internal design teams for standards development.
- Manage open design issues and propose usability issues with specific
- Responsible for design details of recommendations resulting from
testing and evaluation.
- Participate in cross-UI team design reviews.
- Participate in customer research (e.g., site visits, surveys, focus
groups) along with senior team member.
- Validate proper implementation of accepted deliverables.
- Manage 1:1 peer relationships with developers to explain UCD (user-centered
design) value and process.
- Manage project plan, schedule and status independently.
- Stay current in design techniques and tools.
- Incorporate internationalization principles in interface design.
- Support all graphic requests for the following Oracle products:
Developer, Discoverer, Business Intelligence, Oracle Enterprise Manager,
JDeveloper, Oracle Portal , Oracle Real-Time Collaboration, and Oracle Collaboration Suite.
- Work collaboratively with other interaction designers and developers
at Oracle Mobile, Enterprise Edition of Oracle-internal web site,
and Online Studio website to deliver representational branding and
component graphic, component design, dialog-page layout and site-application
- Supply Oracle Portal team with prolific interaction design, which
included icons, wizard/dialog artwork and color scheme study for Oracle
Portal (versions 3.0 to 3.1 and 9.0.1 to 9.0.3), Portlet Development
Kit (PDK), PortalStudio.oracle.com, Oracle Development Resource Portal
(ODRP) and Portal.Oracle.com (POC).
- Support thick client standard application graphic and interaction
design for JDeveloper (from version 3.2 to Oracle AS version 10.1.3.)
- Produce interaction models for international versions of various
- Generate UI process plans, task flows, high-definitive page screens,
and UI Exit Reviews for Oracle Collaboration Suite (End User thin
client UI), which includes Email, Calendar, Files, Web Conferencing,
Ultra Search, Wireless & Voice and Oracle Instant Messaging applications.
YES! Entertainment Corporation, Pleasanton, CA
Senior Industrial/Graphic/Multimedia Designer
(May 1995 – July 1999)
- Lead and managed new toy design which included strategic web and
product design, focus group study, prototyping and packaging production
- Idea generation for new toy products and product extensions, including
sketches, renderings, color studies, control drawings, presentation
drawings and models making.
- Material and product research for new toy products and product extensions.
- Graphic support which included icons design, and packaging layout
- Interviewed prospective customers (children from the ages of 3 to
14) to determine new product features and directions.
- Defined user flows and information architecture for next generation
- Designed and implemented innovative website that resulted in increased
Corporation, San Francisco, CA
Graphic Design Consultant
(November 1997 – December 2000)
Provided layout and product illustration for the Armbee export/ import
Product Development Group, Oakland, CA
(September 1995 – December 1997)
Participated in all phases of the new product development cycle. This
included providing concept sketches and prototypes for client presentations.